Sunday 17 May 2009

The Gaucho Grill



I have been saving the Argentinian 'Gaucho' for a special occasion for quite some time, almost since 'Aroundtheworldin80dinners' began. Well just such an occasion arose last week, it was Maxine's birthday. I have sometimes talked of my old pal Serendipity before and once again she paid me an unexpected visit a few weeks ago. At an opening of a photography show, I spotted Maxine, who I had seen at many of these do's before but had never had to courage to say 'hi'. Serendipity waved her magic wand of fate and before you could say 'Chablis', we were chatting away over a few glasses of chilled white wine. Of all the openings in all the world...

I invited Maxine to spend a small part of her celebrations with me over a splendid steak lunch at this well appointed South American eatery. We ate heartly and after several glasses of good wine, well and truely tangoed!

I sincerely hope Maxine had as good an evening as I did and never has Serendipity been so kind....I am reminded of the immortal words of Claude Rains "This could be the start of a beautiful friendship".

No comments: